Saturday, 22 October 2011

My nice group

I have just been preparing some resources for our group teaching session on role play and thought I would share some thoughts about this group activity.
When working in effective teams group members often help other individuals to clarify and enhance their knowledge and understanding.  When they do this they may also have to refine their own understanding as when you teach something you have to really think about the ideas and concepts you are trying to communicate.  This is what collaborative and social learning is all about.  ‘Social learning theory stresses learning with others as well as from others’ (Jarvis, 2006: 114).  I feel lucky that I have been put in a group where this works well. 
Thanks guys.

References
Jarvis, P. ed., (2006) The Theory and Practice of Teaching, 2nd edition, New York: Routledge.
 

1 comment:

  1. These have been some of the most enjoyable sessions so far and it definitely makes a difference working with like minded and enthusiastic people and seeing our plans result in a session that seemed to have everyone engaged.

    ReplyDelete