Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Extended Professional Role

I'm now back to work and studying after a long break and I feel a bit scared.  Not about the unit as the tutor, Mark Flagg, has made what could be a dry and boring topic interesting and relevant to my teaching practice.  He's quite funny as well so at least we had a laugh.  I am however worried about getting all the assignments completed on time.  I haven't slacked off on the course but I still have loads to do.  I'll just have to be completely boring and attach myself to my laptop on my dining room table surrounded by bits of paper.  My only consolation is that I'm not the only one who feels a bit daunted by the end date.

I think this will be a really interested unit as I can see how management theory can easily apply to my role as a tutor; and my future.  I have loads more reading to do but at least I am looking forward to it.......... however, ask me again in a few weeks and this may have changed. 

Over and out for now.

2 comments:

  1. I empathise with you Louise. I know exactly where you're coming from. Time just flies....so much to do.....so little time. I agree that Mark has made this module really interesting. He interacts well with us as a group and I like the fact that he uses anecdotes and humour in his teaching which makes it more human and interesting. In fact I have also commented on his teaching techniques as a good role model in one of my blogs. Great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice when you can work with interesting tutors - I like to think of it as having a virtual team and try and take the best from a variety of different tutors and mentors I have worked with. The trick now the course is coming to an end is to continue finding people like mark to work with.

    ReplyDelete